This stinks and we know it, but due to the severe winds and dangerous conditions from the High Wind Warning that is forecasted for Saturday, and in consultation with our vendors and venue, we have no choice but to cancel the 2022 Downtown Brew Festival.
We will be honoring refunds as well as making other options available. We’ll be reaching out in the next week with further details on how everything will be settled.This was an incredibly difficult decision, and one we didn’t take lightly that has been carefully contemplated. To let you know how we got to this decision – we started monitoring a Wind Advisory on Tuesday that turned into a High Wind Warning early AM the morning of Friday, Oct 21. These are extreme, sustained winds of 40MPH with 65+ gusts, completely unsafe for an outdoor festival. The safety of all our guests and vendors is of paramount importance, and we don’t want to deliver an experience that isn’t up to our standards, or yours, or get you hurt in the process.
We’re committed to continue producing all the events you know and love, the weather got us our time but not our hearts. Please stay safe this weekend and we’ll be announcing Great Vegas soon enough. Until then, Stay Motley and know that we love you all. We’ll be in touch.
Brian + the Motley Brews team